EVENTS & INFORMATION
Outside, parking lot worship service
(Reminder: Bring your own chair and masks, dress warmly, meet in lower parking lot)
If it rains, bring your chair and mask and we will meet in the multi-purpose room
Zoom Jr. High, Sr. High and some Adult Sunday School classes, Zoom link and class time and location information noted below. Note: 2 of the Adult classes are being offered in-person as well as via Zoom.
Regular, in-person and livestream worship service, sign-up required
Children's Church (age 4 to grade 3) provided during the sermon
CREW starting Sept 27th (4th to 6th grade) both in-person and Zoom during the sermon
8:15-9:15am Outdoor Service Notes
This service will be slightly shortened. It is being held outside, so please remember to dress warmly for the weather, bring your own chair and mask. Even though the service will be held outdoors, you must have a mask with you ready to be worn if necessary. If the weather is inclement, we will move inside to the multi-purpose room and you will bring your chair with you.
11am Indoor/Livestream Service at FEFC
As of this morning, there is still some room to sign up for in person worship at the 11am service this Sunday. Go here to SIGN UP if you would like to attend this Sunday's 11am worship service in person. You can sign up throughout the week right up to Saturday night. On Monday mornings, the link for the following week is sent out and posted on our website.
- FEFC Website: www.faithevfree.org and follow the link on the home page.
- FEFC Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/actonfaithefc/
- FEFC YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/c/FaithEvFreeChurchActonMA
- You may also listen to the service from the church parking lot on 87.9 FM radio.
As we have started up with many of our fall ministries, we are in need of more volunteers to help with ushering and cleaning. Please contact Chris Hanlon or the church office firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
If you can help with set up and break down for the 8:15 service, please contact Pastor Brad. Thank you!
CREW Resumes Today!
CREW (Challenge foR Elementary Worship) is a worship class for 4th-6th grade children. Today's meeting will be offered in-person, outside (please bring a chair and wear a mask) and via Zoom. Contact the church office for Zoom meeting link information.
A Family Bible Program for Home Study
The Lord's Prayer
The first edition of 'Lord, Teach Us How to Pray' is ready to go!
This is an inter-generational study using the Lord's prayer as a model. Every week a 20 minute pre-recorded video will help introduce your family to the lesson then your family will have questions to consider, activities and Bible memory.
If you are interested in access to this program for your family, please contact Susan Lewis to register and participate.
NO ReaLife Night, September 27
There is no youth group night this week because of the Saturday movie. The next ReaLife youth group night will be Sunday, October 4, 6-7:30pm. Check next week's bulletin for more details.
Congregational Business Meeting Recap
We had a great, second, virtual Congregational Business Meeting on Wednesday evening! There was good Zoom attendance with over half our members. Despite the challenges and restrictions due to the pandemic our Lord has blessed and expanded many of our ministries through this season. Reports were shared by pastors and on-going ministries. Pastors Dan and Christian each shared about their sabbaticals. Pastor Dan is now a major in the Army reserves! The pastoral search committee shared an update on their extensive procedure and potential timeline for a man they are excited about. Journey to Bethlehem will not happen this year, but there are plans for sharing the message in unique ways.
Journey to Bethlehem
Virtual Plans for 2020
Our plans for JTB this year are to share the message of Christ's birth through virtual options. Our prayer is that we will be able to reach many who would not normally be able to attend in person. Please be in prayer for this ministry as we journey together in a different way this year.
October Missions Month 2020
“Flourishing in Faith Another 100 Years”
This year has unfolded in a very unexpected manner for all of us. That includes missions month! Participants have changed at the last minute. Who will be here in person has also changed. But, our celebration of God’s desire for us to remain faithful to him remains solid.
Be sure to join us for the continued “celebration” of the 100th anniversary of Faith EFC during October Missions Month!
LIFE Church Worship
Praising God for a wonderful in-person outdoor worship service last Sunday! We were blessed to have 34 people attend. Many thanks to everyone who prayed for us. We are hoping to meet again at Hidden Park next Sunday, October 4. Please pray that more people in Ayer and the surrounding community would learn about us through our Facebook page and by "word of mouth." Thank you!
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom link information.
EVENTS & INFORMATION
Adult Sunday School Class
Topic: Women of the Bible, Sally Abbott
Time: Sunday, 9:45am EDT
Topic: Grace as a Second Language, Steve Ezzy
Time: Sunday, 9:45am EDT
Location: Overflow room OR Zoom
Topic: New Testament Survey, Pastor Brad Johnson
Time: Sunday, 9:45am EDT
Topic: Parenting Tweens and Teens, Tim & Laura King
Time: Sunday, 3:30-4:30pm EDT
Topic: 2 Corinthians Overview, Mike Young
Time: Sunday, 9:45am EDT
Location: Adult Classroom (across from library) OR Zoom
Contact the office for zoom link information, email@example.com.
Teen & Parent Drive-in
Saturday, September 26, 7-9:15pm
@ FEFC Parking Lot
Teens and parents (and any members of their household) are invited to come watch the movie Woodlawn! Bring your own snack! Find more info and register ahead for a parking spot at faithevfree.org/rlevents
Online Youth Sunday School
- 7th-8th Grade - The JH class will begin the year studying important things about the Bible and how to study it.
- 9th-12th Grade - This year's focus for HS class is an overview of the New Testament.
- Link available from church office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For programs for any age on church property and for church programs designed for minors at any location:
- Inside: 2 or more people - 6 feet spacing AND masks.
- 11 or more people - 6 feet spacing AND masks
- 10 or fewer people in a group - 6 feet spacing, but no mask required
- These above guidelines also apply to church programs for any age at any location that are advertised to the general congregation, general public or have an open invite.
- For other church-related activities such as home-based small groups (that are not designed for minors and are not open-invitation), we encourage the adults to follow the state guidelines for indoor or outdoor activities.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that could be related to COVID, we ask that you would not attend.
- Remember that the state guidelines for places of worship allow for a person not to wear a mask in church if prevented by a medical condition. We mention this in case you wonder why a fellow attendee might be without a mask. We would ask that anyone with such a condition please notify the office by the Friday before the service - this will help our ushers.
- On that topic, a reminder that (besides the above exception) masks are required of everyone in the service except when they are leading singing or speaking from the pulpit. Masks for children ages 2 to 5 are worn at the discretion of parents, and masks are not recommended for children under 2. We thank you for showing grace and Christ-like concern for each other in this way.
- Treat the service like a big family road trip - please use the restroom before you leave home! Of course, the restrooms will be available (maximum of 2 people at a time), but we are hoping to limit their use.
- The livestream of the worship service will continue weekly as it occurs now
We are discontinuing the repetition of weekly announcements at the close of the livestream service. All announcements are emailed weekly on Fridays and posted on the website for reference.
Mom to Mom is on Zoom This Fall!
Moms with children 0-17 years old
Mondays, 8:00-9:15pm, Sept. 21, Oct. 12 and 26, Nov. 9 and 23, Dec. 14
Topics: friendship, quiet times, rest, change, praying for our kids, and marriage (We’ll be basing our discussions on podcasts and blogs from Risen Motherhood.)
If you want to participate, contact Kathy Johnson for links to the podcasts/blogs and the Zoom discussions.
Silver Moms with adult children - TIME CHANGE
Fridays, 1:00-2:15pm, Sept. 18, Oct. 2 and 23, Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4
Topics: friendship, rest, change, praying for our kids, and marriage (We’ll be basing our discussions on podcasts and blogs from Risen Motherhood.)
If you want to participate in some or all the meetings, contact Kathy Johnson for links to the podcasts/blogs and the Zoom discussions.
Joy Bible Study Resumes Via Zoom
1 & 2 Samuel by Proverbs 31 Ministries
Joy Bible Study has resumed its ministry year this fall with remote Zoom based lectures and core groups. To register, complete and submit the online registration form which can be found at www.joybiblestudy.com under the registration tab. We look forward to seeing you on Zoom!
Dina Webb is making masks to raise funds for our VBC/Haiti MIssions Project! This project will be ongoing throughout the fall. Contact Dina Webb if you would like to order a mask and support HFC.
Masks are specifically designed for speaking and comfort:
- Keep their shape and stay away from the mouth.
- Rest on the nose like glasses and stay in place so no need for a tight mask.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- Adjustable ear loops
- 4 sizes: child, youth, adult reg, adult large
This week we learned that the USDA did not award the Boston and surrounding areas with the opportunity to provide food to area families. Therefore, we will not be moving forward with the program at this time. Other outreach organizations in the Boston area are doing an excellent job of caring for the food needy during this pandemic. Please continue to pray that the Farms to Families program is launched in areas most needy for their services. We are disappointed but sincerely thankful to the many people who volunteered to support the opportunity.
Online Giving Available for Tithes and Offerings
For those interested in online donations to the church, we have enabled the Tithe.ly Giving app (green icon). Download it from your app store. The first time you open it you will need to create an account. With location enabled on your phone, select FEFC, Acton. From that point, you can begin making donations. You will be given the opportunity to select which fund or funds you would like to donate to.
EVENTS & INFORMATION
September 26, Noon
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is coordinating a day of prayer at noon in Washington DC on September 26. The prayer event will begin at the Lincoln Memorial and proceed up the mall to the U.S. Capitol. Franklin Graham is calling the church to "...come together to show all of Washington—and the nation—that the church of Jesus Christ believes in the power of prayer and that we need more of God in America, not less. Will you stand with us in calling out to God and praying that our nation will turn to Him?"
Click here for more information. Pastor Brad is encouraging you to use your own judgment to determine whether you may attend in person or join in virtually by prayer on that date.
Operation Christmas Child
Shoebox Ministry & Volunteer Opportunity!
Now more than ever, children need hope! As the world struggles with the coronavirus pandemic, we can pray for even greater opportunities to reach boys and girls with the Gospel. Packing a shoebox is one way to let them know that God loves them and has not forgotten them!
This year there are two options: pack a shoebox yourself or you can build one online!
If you are interested in volunteering to help at a shoebox center here is the link for information.
You can check the Operation Christmas Child Covid-19 landing page for regular updates as they monitor local, state and national guidelines to protect the health of all involved.
Joni and Friends Marriage Getaway
Joni and Friends New England is hosting their first ever Marriage Getaway, November 20-22, for couples whose lives are impacted by disability. The getaway will be held at the Portsmouth Sheraton Harborside Hotel on the southern New Hampshire seacoast. Go here for more information or to register.